|Voice actor(s)||Scott Burns|
|Game(s)||Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (1993)|
Fatty Bear is a stuffed teddy bear that belongs to a young girl named Kayla and her parents. Fatty Bear is Kayla's favorite toy. He is a plain brown bear with black button eyes, wearing a red pair of overalls (with pockets) with a single strap broken partly on the right-side and plain light colored shoes.
At night, while everyone is sleeping, he and his toy friends wake up.
Despite his name, Fatty Bear isn't fat - as players see during Birthday Surprise, he's an active, healthy character that does a lot of running around trying to prepare a suprise birthday for Kayla. Like all young bears, he just looks a little rotund.
Fatty Bear has only starred in three games
- Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise
- Fatty Bear's Fun Pack
- Putt-Putt & Fatty Bear's Activity Pack
Fatty has also appeared multiple times since then. All of the games were originally for DOS, then pre-OS8 Macintosh, and finally ported to Windows/Mac CDs. However, the graphics are 320x200 just as they were for the DOS version.
The early version was available on 5.25 and/or 3.5' disks and on CD, but the later Windows/Mac hybrid CD was not available on flopy disk too.
Fatty Bear has appeared in many of the Humongous Entertainment games.
- Pajama Sam 1: During the cutscene in Sam's bedroom a teddy bear that resembles Fatty Bear can be seen.
- In Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo he can be seen in the credits where he is hiding behind a rock from Outback Al.
- In Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds, somewhere on the ship where the kelp seeds are hidden, a poster, when clicked on, will change into an image of Fatty Bear. He also appears in Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse, as one of the toys stolen by the "ghost".
- In regions where Fatty Bear's games had no releases, references to him are not seen sans for bubbles in Freddi Fish 1's credits.
- In Putt-Putt Travels Through Time, when visiting the prehistoric times, a cloud can take the form of Fatty when clicked on.