|Voice actor(s)||Stephan Weyte|
|Game(s)||Pajama Sam in "No Need to Hide When it's Dark Outside"|
Pajama Sam's Lost & Found
Otto is a boat who appears in Pajama Sam in "No Need to Hide When it's Dark Outside" and Pajama Sam's Lost & Found.
Otto has a paranoid, but gullible side to him which often leads to him believing everything that his friends share with him. He is extremely cautious with his actions, avoiding Sam's adventurous request to go against the current of the rivers, or riding the geysers. He once had a fear of going into the water because he thought that wood would sink due to a friend's story. However thanks to Sam showing him that wood can float in water by putting a wooden board in the water, he is able to conquer that fear and be able to go around the water without a problem.
Otto is also knowledgeable about geysers, much to Sam's annoyance.
When Otto is first shown and introduced, he explains to Sam that he has a fear of going into the water because he thought that wood would sink due to a friend of his telling him about how someone the said friend knew was made of wood and sank into the water. To try to help Otto conquer his fear, Sam helps him by throwing a plank into the water and inspire him to try and jump into the water. He is able to stay floating in the water and from then on becomes Sam's mode of transport whenever he needs to go across the water.
Ironically, after Sam and Otto leave for the first time, the plank sinks implying that wood can float, as long as its buoyancy doesn't get higher than that of water.
Otto reappears as the first of Sam's five transporters while he goes around trying to locate his missing toys. Otto is used for Levels 1-20.
- "I wish I had been a car."
- "I'm doing it, I'm floating! Yahoo!"
- "Oh I have a better idea! Let's not."
- "But I can't float! I'm made of wood!"
- "Well um I had this friend, and he's a taxi, and-"
- "Yeah right, next you'll be telling me that birds can fly."
- "I can't go in the water, I'd sink. I'm made of wood you know."
- "Well we technically can't do that since I'm not a sailboat because I don't have a sail."
- "I know what you mean but technically you should say 'Let's go floating' or something like that."
- "I had this friend and he told me a story about his dentist brother who um, he was made out of wood, and he got in the water, and he sank."
- "Pleased to meet you, Sam. You can call me "Otto."