|Pajama Sam in "No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside"|
Humongous Entertainment (1996)
October 4, 1996
Keyboard and Mouse
Pajama Sam in "No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside" is a "point & click" adventure game developed by Humongous Entertainment for the Windows and Macintosh operating systems in 1996. Since then, the game has been rereleased several times. In 2008, it was repackaged by Atari and Majesco Entertainment as Pajama Sam: Don't Fear the Dark and released for the Nintendo Wii.
When initially released in 1996, the game was priced at US $49.95. It was significant because this is the first Humongous Entertainment game to have changing game paths. All Humongous games made after this would feature changing game paths, so it's "different each time you play". (Games prior to this usually had some sort of variation each time the game was played, such as different letters and locations in Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise, different bottle locations in Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds, etc.) It was also the first Humongous game to experiment with lip-sync in character animation, most prominent in cut scenes, as in other shots (such as in a typical clickpoint/walk-through screen) there is no lip sync when characters speak (similar to previous Humongous games.)
One night, while reading the first issue of Pajama Man, Sam's mom enters his room reminding him that tonight is the night he sleeps with the lights out. Confidently Sam replies, "Don't worry about me mom, I'm ready. And, I can put on my Pajama Sam mask if I get scared." After saying goodnight, Sam's mom turns off the light and closes the door. Sam begins reminding himself that there's "no need to hide when it's dark outside" as the shadows begin to grow on the walls. Boldly, Sam transforms himself into Pajama Sam and decides to enter his closet and capture Darkness, but first he must find his Pajama Sam gear: Pajama Sam Mask, Signature-Edition, All-Metal Pajama Man Lunchbox (or Portable Bad Guy Containment Unit), and the Illuminator Mark 5 Jr. Flashlight.
After finding his lunchbox, flashlight, and mask, he opens the closet door to confront Darkness. As Sam enters the closet, the door closes behind him, causing him to lose his balance. He then falls into the Land of Darkness and lands on a giant baseball glove. "Wow, this looks like where Darkness lives alright." After crossing a bridge, Sam is caught in a trap by several trees acting as customs guards. After taking his stuff away, the trees allow him to enter. Sam must then retrieve his three belongings before confronting Darkness. He goes on quest: spanning a river, a lava-filled mine, and Darkness's house.
When Sam has found all three items, he enters Darkness's closet and faces him. When Sam tells Darkness that he is here to vanquish him, Darkness asks, "Vanquish? Is that fun?" After Sam explains what he is going to do, Darkness asks why Sam would be afraid of him if he is the one who will be contained in the box. Darkness laments, "Oh dear, no one ever wants to come over and play fun games with me." Sam, seeing that Darkness has no friends of his own, agrees to play a game of cheese and crackers with him. After winning a game Sam tells Darkness that he should get home before his mom misses him. They agree to play again tomorrow night. After jumping into his bed and saying goodnight to Darkness, Sam drifts off to sleep.
Pajama Sam features gameplay similar to the other humongous games. It is played almost entirely with the mouse, using a left click to interact with the environment. Sam has an inventory which can be accessed at any time by hovering the mouse at the bottom of the screen. The save screen can be entered by pressing the <
S> key and the load screen the <
L> key. The <
Spacebar> pauses the game, allowing several game options. The game is quit by either an option in the pause menu or pressing the stop sign.
Throughout the game's course, players are challenged with solving puzzles and interacting with characters. Puzzles are solved by using items to manipulate something in the environment. These items are usually found scattered around the game world or are obtained for other characters. All items are accessible through the inventory mentioned above and all have a purpose during the game.
Socks are collected as part of a large, optional "scavenger hunt". While in the land of darkness, Sam is encouraged to find and collect ten pairs of socks that have been thrown about. When each sock is discovered, the player is taken to the laundry room and places the sock in a laundry bin. After all ten socks are found, a "special animation" plays when the player reenters the laundry room. This room can be accessed any time by clicking on the laundry basket icon in the right corner of the inventory.
Characters and items Edit
- Pajama Sam
- Otto - Otto is a talking wooden boat that is moored up (on the shore) at the rivers in the grounds of Darkness' house. Initially, he is stationary because he strongly believes that wood sinks, however Sam drops a plank of wood in the water that floats and so Otto is able to jump in the river and give Sam a ride. Sam using Otto is compulsary and helps him do many things, including finding the mask (game depending), the lunchbox, and the flashlight (game depending), as well as the oil can to unrust King's wheels and the door hinges of the shack along the river.
- King - King is a one carrige mine cart that is stationary as Sam enters the minds, unable to move because his wheels have rusted to the tracks. Sam quickly oils them and King is know free to move, and gives Sam rides inside the mines. The mines contain the flashlight (game depending), the piece of gold, a pair of sliding doors that go into Darkness' ground floor (these are only exitable into the mine from the house in some games) and also features it's very own arcade game. The mine itself consists of a whole maze of different tracks that Sam chooses to go down.
- Carrot - The talking carrot is placed in the vegetable patch of Darkness' garden, and in some games, he is wearing Sam's mask. He does a deal with Sam; he will give him the mask only if Sam takes him to the fridge in Darkness' kitchen. Sam does this and retrieves the mask.
- Customs Trees - These talking nasty trees remove all of Sam's items at the start of his adventure (and also tie him up in a rope hanging from a tree, which Sam manages to free himself from).
- Tree - This talking tree is on the other side of the paths to the customs and she is much nicer than the customs trees, and lets Sam use her rope for his adventure).
- Rox (The three rocks) - Darkness has a unique way to enter his house; a basket on the path requires weights to be thrown into another basket above, so the basket is weighed down and the other basket goes up to the house. Sam uses these rocks (which are living however don't talk) to throw into the basket as weights.
- Mail Box - This talking mail box, near the rocks and basket doesn't have any mail inside.
- Coach - This is one of the dancing furniture in Darkness' Living room. Underneath it in some games is Sam's mask, he has to go into the room in disguse in order to retreive it.
- Lamp - This is one of the dancing furniture in Darkness' Living room.
- Hat Hack - This is one of the dancing furniture in Darkness' Living room.
- Coffee Table - This is one of the dancing furniture in Darkness' Living room.
- Bowling Trophy - This is one of the dancing furniture in Darkness' Living room.
- Stereo Player - This is one of the dancing furniture in Darkness' Living room.
- Fridge - A fridge in Darkess' kitchen, if Sam has the carrot with his mask on with him, the carrots are freed and Sam is given his mask.
- Measuring Cup - a dancing measuring cup that dances if clicked.
- Salt and Pepper - dances if clicked.
- Meat Mincer - dances if clicked.
- Knife - dances if clicked.
- Oven - dances if clicked.
- Chicken - dances if clicked.
- Dumbwaiter - a food elevator (lift) system that stops on two floors; the kitchen or the laboratory on the bottom floor. It isn't possible for Sam to ride the lift down to the laboratory as he would be bypassing the doors of knowledge, but it is possible to ride it from the laboratory to the kitchen.
- Wink & Blink - These two talking doors host a virtual game show where Sam needs to answer questions in order to procede through the doors. One question is on the land of Darkness itself and is either; 'What is the reading of the water meter in the mines', or 'what colour are the vines in Darkness' garden'. If Sam hasn't yet physically seen the reading or the colour of the vines, he cannot get the question right yet.
- Beethoven bust - a talking piano in the music room (through the doors of knoweledge).
- Tromboune - a talking tromboune through the doors of knowledge in the music room.
- Organ - a talking organ in the music room.
- Grandfather Clock - a large clock with gears and cogs in a corridor/landing area through the doors of knowledge that plays a key part in finding the flashlight in the mines. If the flashlight is in the shack and not the mines, the clock isn't here.
- Roger, Jerry, and Dan (Candles) - taling candles at a spiral staircase in Darkness' house
- Chair - A talking chair in the laboratory.
- Valeria, Sebastian, and Algernon (tree guards) - Three rude trees that only let other trees pass them; Sam therefore disguises himself as a tree to go forward. It leads to Darkness' garden.
- Wishing Well - a talking well that is in Darkness' garden (however, depending on the game, is inaccessible by going past the trees and the vegetable patch). If this is the case, Sam and Otto swim down to the bottom of the well in the river and Sam climbs up the well to get onto the outside. Sometimes his lunch box is located here depending on the game. In order for Otto to reach the bottom of the well, he requires boat oars to swim up a strong current that Sam collects from the music room in Darkness' house.
- Toll Bridge - A talking bridge that only lets people go through if they produce a pound of gold, Sam gets this gold from the mine.
- Toaster - on the other side of the bridge is a park, the talking toaster is playing 'cheese and crackers' which is similar to noughts and crosses. Also in this small area is Bert the Pencil.
- Shoes - in the park across the bridge.
- Larch, Birch, and Splinter (boards) - three various boards which tic-tac-toe is played on.
- Bert the Pencil - a pencil in the park used to draw the lines to form a grid. Sam takes the pencil in order to complete a puzzle in the mines to get the flashlight (in some games). If the flashlight is in the shack and not the mines, the pencil isn't here.
- Jim Jim the Wrench - A wrench that Sam uses.
- Plunger - plunge pool that plunges Otto out of the river.
- Witchers Hats
- Safety barriers
- Sam's brother Mark (Mentioned Only)
- Sam's Mom
- Sam's Dad (Mentioned Only)
- Bert the Pencil : Sam may need Bert to help him finish what someone else started in the mine. Someone mistook Bert for a scoring pencil and left him in the park on the other side of the toll bridge.
- Wooden Board : Sam will need a board to prove to Otto that wood really does float! The board can be found floating in the water next to the first bridge he sees upon entering the Land of Darkness.
- Carrot: The leader of the "Salad Liberation Front" is on a mission to bring carrots to "main dish" status, but his fellow liberation fighters are trapped in Darkness' refrigerator. Right now the Carrot is using Sam's mask to protect his identity, but he'll give it back if Sam will help him to release the other freedom fighters. You can find the Carrot in the garden, next to the wishing well.
- Doorknob : If the doorknob to the old riverside shack happens to be missing, Sam's going to need to find a replacement for it. One is hanging around just inside of the Doors of Knowledge.
- Gears : The winch in the old boarded-up tunnel may be missing a gear, and Sam will have to find a replacement before he can use it to grab his flashlight. The old Grandfather Clock will give Sam a gear if you set his time correctly, but he has a lot of gears. If one doesn't fit, try trading it with the Grandfather Clock for another. The Grandfather Clock stands around the corner, through the Doors of Knowledge.
- Gold Nugget : Sam needs a pound o' gold before he'll be able to pay the toll bridge and cross into the park. The gold is located inside the mines, down the shaft labeled "GOLD".
- Hammer : The hammer is great for a lot of things - especially fixing broken furniture (with the help of a nail), or prying boards off of an old mine shaft. The hammer is located inside the old riverside shack.
- Magnet : A magnet is just the ticket for retrieving metal objects from places that are too far away, or that would be too dangerous for Sam to reach. The lunchbox, lying beneath the surface of the underground river, or the nail sitting in the middle of a pool of hot lava are a couple of good prospects. If you're looking for the magnet, check the back of the secret door inside Darkness' den.
- Nail : If Sam happens to break any furniture inside Darkness' house, he'll need a hammer and nail to fix it. You'll find the nail sitting in the middle of a pool of lava, next to the water meter.
- Oars : If the current is especially powerful, Sam may need some oars to help Otto get up the rapids under the wishing well. He'll find them hanging in the music room, behind the Doors of Knowledge.
- Oil Can : The oil can is useful for several different things. Counteracting the effects of rust on King, the mine cart, and oiling old rusty door hinges are a couple of its uses. The oil can is sitting next to an old shack by the side of the river.
- Pickax : How are you going to mine all o' that gold without a big pickax? Search around inside of the mine. You're sure to find one.
- Rope : With this, Sam will be able to get the board out of the water. Sam shouldn't have too much trouble finding a rope, after being strung up by the customs trees.
Locations and roomsEdit
- Sam's Bedroom - this is the first room Sam visits and he finds his flash light, lunch box and mask. These are hidden in any of the following locations; #1 In the top drawer of the chest to the right of his bed. #2 In the bottom draw of the chest to the right of his bed. #3 under the rug infront of his bed. #4 In the dustbin on the left of his bed. #5 Under his bed. #6 Behind the scarf on the coat pole to the left of his bed.
- Sam's clossit - Sam's Wardrobe is the next room he visits, this takes him to the land of Darkness.
- Land of Darkness outside #1 - The first area of the Land of Darkness that Sam visits. There are no items or socks here.
- Land of Darkness outside #2 - Features socks, a wooden bridge and a plank of wood in the river.
- Land of Darkness outside #3 - Features the trees customs who steal his items, and a friendly tree, and socks.
- Land of Darkness outside #4 - Features a signpost with routes to either the mine, Darkness' house or the docks.
- Boat docks - Includes Otto the boat and a sock.
- River crossroads - Features four possible ways to go - the toll bridge, the mudpits, the shore with the tree hollow and the boat docks.
- Toll Bridge at river - features the talking toll bridge and a sock.
- Park - across the toll bridge is the park which contains the talking toaster, the cheese and crackers game and Bert the pencil.
- Abandoned shack at river - features the oil can.
- Shack interior - features Sam's flash light (sometimes), however if the flash light isn't there, it will feature a hammer.
- Rapids - features two rooms of water falls and water rapids.
- Bottom of rapids - features the mine track in the distance and sometimes Sam's lunchbox at the bottom of the river.
- Cave - features a sock, and the bottom of the well in the distance (if the lunchbox isn't at the bottom of the river in the previous area).
- Greyser - features socks, and a plunge pool shooting Otto and Sam up into the mudpits.
- Mudpits - features coloured mudpits and a sock.
- Shore with tree hollow - features a tree hollow (to disguise Sam) and socks.
- Path in Woods - features socks.
- Tree inspectors - A path where only 'trees' can proceed.
- Garden and vegetable patch - features socks and some times Sam's mask on a carrot on the vegetable patch. Also the well is in the distance. If Sam's lunchbox is visible next to the well, there are thorns blocking it.
- Bottom of well - area at the back of the cave featuring a strong current where Otto uses oares Sam has found to swim up. Here is the bottom of the well which Sam uses to get to the top (the other side of the thorns in the garden) to retrieve his lunch box. (If the lunch box isn't located next to the well, this area at the back of the cave/bottom of the well isn't open).
- Land of Darkness outside #5 - features Darkness' 'front door' which is a rope and basket system, where rocks weigh the basket up to the first floor of the house. Also features a talking mailbox and the mines in the bottom distance, as well as a sock sometimes.
- Darkness' house #1 - a holding landing where Sam can enter the living room or the kitchen or go up the staircase.
- Kitchen - a room of talking kitchen appliances and a fridge, as well as a dumbwaiter that Sam can send to the bottom floor (but cannot ride from this floor).
- Living Room - a room of dancing furniture that stop dancing when Sam enters. Sam's mask is sometimes placed here, as well as a digital clock and a sock.
- Darkness' house #2 - the upstairs corridor of Darkness' house featuring the doors of knowledge, or a unique spiral staircase going up to darkness' bedroom.
- Darkness' house #3 - behind the doors of knowledge is an odd room with doors on the cieling, floor and walls. Also features a door knob that Sam can sometimes use to open the shack at the river.
- Music Room - A music room featuring many instrements and sometimes a set of boat oares (for Otto) that Sam has to swing on the light to reach. Also features socks.
- Darkness' house #4 - a room similar to Darkness' house #3 with random doors everywhere; also features a grandfather clock with cogs inside (that Sam uses for the mines) and also features one door on the floor that is unlocked.
- Darkness' house #5 - through this door is Darkness' library (also known as the den) which features a secret door disguised as a bookshelf. Depending on which side of the door is in view, there is a magnet on it which Sam can collect.
- Darkness' house #6 - through this secret door is a spiral staircase with talking candles and sometimes a sock.
- Darkness' house #7 - the bottom of the spiral staircase featuring a door to the laboratory and a sliding door to the upper mines, also features a sock.
- Darkness' Laboratory - a science lab featuring a potion where different colour combinations produces side effects for Sam - including making him invisible for a short time. It also features the dumbwaiter which Sam can ride to the kitchen (if it is on this floor). It also sometimes features a sock.
- Upper Mines #1 - Features King's starting point and a sock - King (and Sam) can go left or right here.
- Upper Mines #2 - going right eventually takes you to a room in the mines with a washing machine and a sock. If there was a hammer in the shack on the river, Sam can use this to hammer down planks of wood to enter a secret section of the mine. If the flash light was in the shack, this secret mineway isn't here.
- Secret mines #1 - features a room with a rock wall which Sam has to solve a puzzle on with a pencil from the park (across the toll bridge) to knock down the wall.
- Secret mines #2 - The flash light is located here - high up on an unreachable platform that is only reachable by connecting a winch to King. The winch requires a clock cog from the Grandfather clock in Darkness' house #4.
- Secret Mines #3 - Features a room with a light switch to turn on the lights in the previous room. Required to turn on before getting the flash light.
- Upper mines #4 - Features a water meter that is sometimes needed to answer a question at the doors of knowledge and some socks.
- Upper Mines #5 - Features the other side of the sliding doors to Darkness' house #7. Sam can only open them if they have already been opened from the other side.
- Upper mines #6 - Features a juntion where the player can go right and enter the lower mines or go left to go to Upper Mines #1 (there is sometimes a sock on the way back to Upper Mines #1).
- Lower Mines #1 - Eventually King will arrive at a large downhill section where he will go straight on or right at the bottom.
- Lower Mines #2 - Going straight on will take you to another room with a juntion, King can go right or straight on. There is sometimes a sock in here.
- Lower Mines #3 - Going straight on takes King outside of the mine and into the cave for a few seconds, before going back into the mine.
- Lower Mines #4 - After this, King will enter a section where the track loops round the bottom of the screen to the left, and also where the track goes straight down the middle. There is sometimes a sock in here.
- Lower Mines #5 - A straight section with pipes on the left where a sock sometimes is.
- Lower Mines #6 - An uninteractive junction which always takes you back eventually to the Upper Mines #6.
- Lower Mines #7 - Going left at Upper Mines #1 will take King into a straight section with two crates on the left, sometimes a sock is here.
- Lower Mines #8 - After this features a juntion, a sock is also here.
- Lower Mines #9 - Going right at the junction to the top of the room takes you to an outside section where the cave is, the track loops here and there is also a sock. It eventually leads back to Lower Mines #8.
- Lower Mines #10 - Going left at Lower Mines #8 takes you to Lower Mines #10 where there is a gold mine and sometimes a sock. There is only one exit from this gold mound, the two tracks going uphill are too steep for King to climb so the exit track is on the lower right of the screen. It takes you to Lower Mines #6 (and then eventually Upper Mines #6).
- Lower Mines #11 - Going to the right at Lower Mines #2 takes you to a crossroads of tracks. It is too steep to go straight on here, King can only go up or down. Going right (down) takes you to Lower Mines #4. As mentioned earlier, Lower Mines #4 also features track going through the track circle; this takes you straight to Lower Mines #10.
- Lower Mines #12 - Going left (up) at these crossroads takes you to Lower Mines #12 which features socks and the Nugget arcade machine. Going straight on at the machine takes you back to Lower Mines #11.
- Outside Darkness' Bedroom - The top of the stairwell outside the door of Darkness' Bedroom. There is usually a sock here.
- Darkness' Bedroom - Darkness' Bedroom sometimes includes a sock and the clossit is locked. A cupboard of keys is in the upper right corner.
- Darkness' Clossit - inside the wardrobe is Darkness.
Throughout the game, a running gag is the socks Sam has to collect. These are hidden everywhere around the land of Darkness. In every new game, there are 10 pairs of socks to collect. (There are actually well over 20 locations of each individual sock though, they change on every new game). There are in fact socks in almost every room, although some exceptions are the first area Sam visits outside the clossit, some areas of the mines and the rivers, the kitchen and some interior corridors of Darkness' house.
- A purple sock is located in Sam's bedroom near the rug on the floor.
- An orange sock is located in the third area Sam visits where the wooden bridge and wooden plank are. It is located to the right of the bridge.
- A purple sock is located in this same area as the above sock, it is near a bush in the lower right of the screen.
- In the area with the customs trees, there is a grey sock in the extreme upper left corner.
- In the area with the customs trees, there is an orange socks in the upper middle, above the female talking nice tree.
- In the area outside the house where the signpost is, there is a dark blue sock in some leaves near one of the ice topped mountains.
- A white sock is located near the signpost in some trees near the signpost.
- At the docks where Otto's starting position is, there is a white sock with blue stripes hanging from the tree in the upper middle-left.
- Where the tree hollow is, there is a sock in the upper left corner, pink in colour.
- In this same location is a cream sock on the ground above the french fries in the lower right.
- There is a cream sock on the 'U-turn' path as Sam walks from the hollow to the talking trees. It's on the path floor in the middle. Only viewable without the hollow.
- In this same location, viewable only without the hollow on his head, is a green colour sock in the upper right hanging from a branch.
- In the garden with the vegetable patch, where the thorns are on the left is a yellowish dark coloured sock. (above where Sam stands).
- In the same location, in the extreme bottom right, is a white and green sock.
- In the same location, in the left of the vines, is a cream coloured sock.
- Where the well is, there is a sock on the middle left of the well, blue in colour.
- In the area where the toll bridge is, there is a dark blue sock on the lower left.
- Where the exterior of the shack is along the river, there is a white sock above the hotdog plants above the shack.
- Inside the cave where the river is with the well in the far background (if the well isn't here, the location in question is the one before the exit of the mine where the water shoots up). There is a sock of dark striped colour in the lower left where the spikes are.
- In the location where the water shoots up for otto to exit the river cave is a green sock in the lower left.
- In the same location as above, there is a pink sock just to the left of where the water shoots up.
- In the same location as above, there is a white/cream sock just below where Sam and Otto wait for the water to shoot up.
- After the shoot-up where the colour pools are, there is a blue greyish colour sock in the upper right corner.
- Where the view of the mailbox and the basket is going up to Darkness' house, there is a white sock down below where you can see part of the track going to the mines.
- In Darkness' living room there is a yellow sock near the stereo in the lower left corner.
- In the music room, there is a white sock sticking out of the organ pipe on the left.
- Also in the music room is a yellow sock on the back wall at the vines, below the light.
- In the room with many doors (the one just before the library with the bookshelf, and the one just after the room with the door knob), there is a white and blue sock on the ceiling.
- In the room with the secret bookshelf (also known as Darkness' den) is a greyish white sock below the green chair.
- On the secret spiral staircase where the candles are is a yellow sock on the stairwell.
- In the upper right corner on the bottom of the spiral staircase (exterior of the laboratory and sliding doors to the mine) is a white sock.
- In Darkness' laboratory, there is a white sock above the dumbwaiter hanging off a rope.
- At the first 'starting point' of the mine where 'King' is stationary, there is a blue sock below the track in line with the traffic lights (where the wooden frame is holding up the track).
- A difficult sock to find is a dark red one in the room in the mine with the washing machine, it is located in the lower rightish to the left of the rocks.
- A white sock on the washing machine in the mine.
- A complicated one, in the mines behind the wooden board and the pencil puzzle where the flashlight is. Below the platform with the flashlight on near where the track 'stops' at the lava is a brownish sock.
- In the same room, where Sam stands, the track enters the lava and there is a white sock at the end of this.
- In the room with the light switch is a white sock on the lower right.
- In the mine where the water meter is, there is a dark grey sock in the upper left where the track goes.
- In the same room where the track is on the far right is a white sock.
- In the room where the sliding doors are (on the mine side of the doors) is a red sock to the top left of the doors.
- In the room at one of the many mine Junctions (this one being in the upper mines where the big sign and arrows are saying 'gold' is a sock on the right of the lower left mound of rocks.
- From this room above, go left and where there is a sharp rock face on the left, there is a red sock hung over it.
- Follow the arrows towards the gold and enter the lower mines (there is only one way in this next room, down the track that isn't broken). In the room after that, King will stop for about two seconds at the top of the large downhill and you can click to go straight on or left. Go left, and you will enter a room where the track simply heads on straight, in a sort of 'box' shaped room. There are two crates on the left, a pink with red spots sock is on the left.
- You will keep going until you enter a room where you can either go down; or up to one of two small box openings. In this room itself there is an orange sock near the spikes in the bottom left.
- In #45, go 'up' to the left of one of the box openings, you will almost exit the mine and enter the outside, in the lower middle is a blue sock.
- At the gold mine mound on the right is a purple sock (above the track).
- Where King stops at the top of the large downhill section, instead of going left like before, go straight. The next room you can either go straight or right; in this room is a sock in the lower right.
- In the room where the track does a circle around the room, with the option of going through the circle, there is a dark spotted colour sock in the bottom of the screen.
- In the room where the nugget arcade machine is, there is a red sock on the left ledge near where the broken track is.
- In the same room is a sock on the right, just to the right of the RMT sign, is a dark blue sock.
- In the room where #48 is, head round the circle and the next room will have large pipes on the left, a red sock is located here.
Tree: (Sniffles) I assure you, we have no interests in your stuff.
- Cheese is a reoccurring element in Pajama Sam. It is mentioned by many characters and found in many places.
- This was the second Humongous game to feature a revamped "HE!" logo (the first being Freddi Fish 2: The Cast of the Haunted Schoolhouse) design that was featured on all Humongous releases from 1996-2001, followed by Junior Adventures had an additional "It's a JUNIOR ADVENTURE!" screen appearing after the Humongous logo.
- When Sam finds a log, he almost eventually exposes his head like an ostrich.